Ofsted Success For St Ives School
Following a two day inspection on 15th / 16th January we are delighted to inform you that Ofsted has decided that the school no longer requires Special Measures.
This outstanding achievement, in little over six months, is a remarkable testimony to the hard work and effort put in by staff, students and Governors.
To the best of our knowledge it is one of the fastest turnarounds in the history of Ofsted, since it normally takes at least 18 months to be removed from this category.
In their report, published today, the inspectors highlight:
• rapid improvements in all aspects of the school’s work
• improved attitudes to learning owing to better quality teaching
• improved overall progress, especially by the most able students
• consistently good teaching across the school
• strong senior leadership
• good work to keep students safe and secure
• high staff morale
• improved attendance
• exceptionally polite, pleasant and helpful students
• good spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
• more aspirational targets and robust systems for monitoring and evaluating progress
• decisive and swift action taken to tackle underperformance
Amongst the areas requiring further improvement, the school accepts that more needs to be done for students with special needs and is currently in the process of recruiting a new teacher to lead this area of work.
We hope you will agree with us that the report is a significant turning point which gives staff, students, parents/carers and Governors the belief that our school can now go on to become, not only good, but outstanding.
Chair of Governors
Interim Executive Headteacher
Official Ofsted Report.pdf