GCSE EXAM SUCCESS
Congratulations to the Class of 2016 for their excellent results
We were delighted to be able to congratulate our Class of 2016 on another fantastic set of results. The faces of our students on results day said it all with the many individual triumphs reflecting their hard work and determination to succeed.
Highlights of our results are:
- % 5 A*-C including English and Maths was over 70%. This is an increase of 4% on our 2015 results and is 14% higher than the National average for 2015.
- % 5 A*- C in any subject was 75% which is an increase on last year and 10% above the National average for 2015.
- 30% of our students achieved at least 3 A* or A grades.
- 18% of our students achieved at least 5 A* or A grades
- 7% of our students achieved at least 8 A*-A grades
- 87% of our students achieved A* – C grades (National average 2016 is 60%)
- 89% of our students made expected levels of progress (National average 2015 was 71%) whilst 57% exceeded the expected level (National average 2015 was 31%)
- 75% of our students achieved A*-C grades (National average 2016 is 61%)
- 73% of our students made expected levels of progress (National average 2015 was 67%) whilst 35% exceeded the expected level (National average 2015 was 31%)
- Many of our other subjects; Art, Biology, Chemistry, Dance, Further Maths, Graphics, German, ICT and Textiles achieved an impressive 100% A*-C pass rate.
These results put us amongst the top schools in Cornwall and in addition to the congratulations to our students we offer a huge vote of thanks to all our staff. We ran after school classes every afternoon and our staff went “above and beyond” to ensure students had access to excellent study and revision support. Students’ success is also based on the important links between home and school so we thank all the parents and carers for their support and encouragement which enabled their children to have the courage and determination which they needed to succeed. Finally, we also thank our Governors and the Truro and Penwith Academy Trust whose expertise, challenge and support enable the school to maintain its rapid improvement.
St Ives School continues to go from strength to strength. Our success is based on strong partnerships between students, staff, parents/carers, Governors and Truro and Penwith Academy Trust. We are delighted to see our Class of 2016 taking their next steps with a strong feeling of confidence and purpose based on their GCSE success and we wish them the very best for the future.
Jan Woodhouse (Headteacher)